This morning, Jeanette, Stuart, Clive and I woke up in the splendid Champagne Sports Resort in the Central Drakensberg. We’ve been visiting the resort’s management team, our business partners, finalising details for the inaugural BizNews Investment Conference to be held here next month.
The resort is ideally placed to stage an event like this. Its buildings have plenty of space with a dozen large conference rooms, among them one that ordinarily seats 1 000 delegates. SA’s Covid regulations restrict gatherings to a maximum of 50 people. Social distancing rules are comfortably accommodated here.
Our intention is to hold the BizNews Investment conference at Champagne Sports twice a year – in March and September – as a three night, two day event. Investment focus in the mornings; leisure in the afternoons (Drakensberg Boys Choir and golf/cycling/spa); and fun in the evenings.
Apart from presentations from Magnus Heystek and I, the investment focus will feature expert insights into property investing in the US, Europe and Mauritius. We kick off with dinner on Tuesday 16th March and end with breakfast on Friday 19th. Details in Monday’s RP – Premium members get first dibs as the event will only being opened to the rest of Biznews from Tuesday morning.
NB FOR YOUR WALL STREET JOURNAL ACCESS…
Because of The Wall Street Journal’s credential requirements to access its site, your password MUST be at least 8 characters and include at least one letter and one number; and it MAY NOT contain any special characters (ie #, !, @ etc). To maintain access to WSJ.com, you MUST enter our partner’s website at least once a month via BizNews Premium.
Sign up now for this webinar…
I’m hosting Bright Light Solar’s CEO Kevin Shames on Friday at noon. It could be your last chance to benefit from the 12J tax incentive which is due to expire this year and from what we hear, won’t be extended. Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1059698724607359500
And for your listening pleasure…
Latest audio now on BizNews Radio.…..(click on the link to access)
- Covid-killer Ivermectin – major breakthrough in human application
- FB: South African business confidence drops to Apartheid-era lows
- Listed property success story – how Equites is bucking the trend
- Tesla v NIO – battle for electric car dominance in world’s biggest market
- Meat Naturally: environmentally-friendly SME supporting 2 500 rural jobs
- Dawn Ridler – Why every SA should be VERY worried about EWC
- Carrie’s Corner: Vilafonte Vineyards – real brands in labelled world
- Stressed? Personal health coach Dr Kate can help you cope.