There were a few surprises for around 300 Premium members who attended yesterday’s monthly webinar updating the BizNews Share portfolio. We implemented as many changes as previously averaged annually in the six-year-old model portfolio. It’s worth repeating the reasons.
Despite the tidal wave of freshly-created money, largely because the dollar remains the world’s reserve currency US interest rates have turned upwards. It seems the extra greenbacks are being mopped up around the world. Reversing interest rate cycles are usually reliable turning points for stock market cycles.
Another sign of the end of the bull run is reflected in the mass of new retail investors – as ever believing they’re bulletproof; that there’s easy money to be made; and supported in that idiocy by newfound prophets. The biggest signal of all, though, is alarm bells ringing for “emerging tech” stocks in Ray Dalio’s Bubble Indicator.
In the report the man who runs the world’s biggest hedge fund, explained that his indicator shows emerging tech stocks are in a 100% Bubble – similar to the overall US market in 1929 and 1999. So out went Spotify, Cloudflare and Adobe, all three of which stood out like sore thumbs in the tech-heavy BizNews Share portfolio. When risks rise and one receives repeated warnings, best to take action. Even if it is unprecedented. Here’s the link to the webinar recording: https://youtu.be/yWl833hE6Fo
How to catch the BizNews Power Hour
The BizNews Power Hour is broadcast every evening from 5:30pm SA time. There are quite a few ways to catch it live:
- On our 24×7 live stream which is at https://iono.fm/s/141
- Watch the in-studio action on the BizNewsTV YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKFTZQpCTs3YVf3yetO3Ng
- In Cape Town free to air – Fine Music Radio on FM 101.3 (CT); 107.9 (False Bay); 94.7 (Hout Bay); 97.1 (Atlantic Seaboard)
- Via FMR live stream: https://iono.fm/s/6
- Via FMR on DSTV – channel 838
If you miss the live show, a recording of the BizNews Power Hour is available on:
- BizNews Radio on Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/5FFrCgm9cQpFdpemev4lEI
- BizNews Radio on Apple Podcasts (iTunes) –https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/biznews-radio/id1441394221
For your listening and viewing pleasure:
- Latest audio on BizNews Radio…(click on the link to access)
- CR turbocharges Covid-19 vaccine roll-out; new deals, new priorities for SA. LISTEN!
- BPH 30 March: Schalk Malan; Stephen Saad; David Hurwitz; Nic Borain
- FB: Ace runs out of luck as CR cracks his whip; PIC weighs in on gold mines’ merger
- Mark Barnes – executive chairman of the Kisby Fund – on SA banks lending furore
- The entrepreneur tackling a huge load with dreams to develop SA’s first electric bakkie
Latest videos on BizNews TV… (subscribe and tune in daily at 5:30pm to the livestream of the BizNews Power Hour)
- Global Portfolio: Heeding the warnings
- SA must send army to fight Isis in Mozambique – DA, ActionSA; SA pariah state for touristsAnd the MUST SEE at almost 200 000 views and still rising – video of a blockbuster presentation from the BizNews Investment conference: Nick Hudson – The ugly truth about Covid-19 lockdowns