PREMIUM FREE TRIAL

Former Altech CEO Craig Venter launches online sports betting website

ClickaBet media statement

Former Altech CEO Craig Venter has launched ClickaBet, an online sports betting website. Sports enthusiasts can go online, predict sports results, and place a wager on the outcome. It allows bets anytime, anywhere for the tech-savvy sports fan, and rewards winners with instant pay-outs. People can bet on local and global sports events, including everything from horse racing and Lotto to the UEFA Champions League, the Indian Premier League (IPL) and Formula One.

The software is world class, allowing more than 11 000 bets per day. ClickaBet partnered with BetTech Gaming, a cloud enterprise Software as a Service platform (SaaS) provider of online and retail wagering solutions to sports betting operators globally. It offers functionality previously available to only the world’s largest bookmakers. BetTech’s software is tested by internationally recognised testing laboratories including Gaming Laboratories International.

online_sports_betting_Clickabet“It’s simple to use, completely secure and backed by a team of sports betting experts,” says Venter. “We worked on the development for 15 months, and have put in place the right technology and software platform. I’m confident that we have produced the most innovative and best all-round sports betting package available in South Africa.”

According to Venter, the online sports betting market in South Africa is growing at about 20% a year, with punters rapidly moving online and away from brick and mortar premises. Globally, online sports betting has grown into a multi-billion-dollar industry.

The new venture is a Level 2 BEE contributor, with 40% of the business owned by black business women Nomzamo Xaba and Sonja Sebotsa. Venter, whose experience in the ICT industry spans three decades, holds the remaining 60% of the company. He remains actively engaged at Altron as a shareholder.

Much of the success of ClickaBet will lie in getting the digital marketing right. To this end, Venter has contracted Creative Spark, a full service digital agency that specialises in digital strategy, content marketing, social media and web, and mobile and app development.

“Creative Spark is headed up by Matthew Buckland who is a seasoned Internet entrepreneur,” says Venter. “The agency is the perfect fit for our business and we are working with them to ensure that we have a forward-looking digital strategy that evolves along with the needs of sports betting enthusiasts.”

ClickaBet has appointed Neil Walters as general manager. Walters headed up Sun International’s sports betting website Sunbet, and comes with a wealth of experience in the world of online sports betting.

ClickaBet is 100% legal and fully licensed in South Africa by The Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board (WCGRB). It adheres to all rules and regulations to create a safe, fun and secure betting environment for customers.

The registration process is easy, and users can upload their FICA details (ID and proof of residence) via WhatsApp. They can simply take a photo of their ID and proof of residence and there is no need to use a scanner.

ClickaBet recently announced its Associate Sponsorship of the Toyota Cheetahs for the 2016 season. The sponsorship will see the ClickaBet brand represented on the official playing kit in the Super Rugby, Currie Cup and junior tournaments for 2016. ClickaBet’s branding will also be seen around the field of the team’s home ground, the 46 000-capacity Toyota Stadium in Bloemfontein.

“The sponsorship makes perfect sense in terms of our brand alignment and commitment to the local market, and we’re delighted to be associated with the Toyota Cheetahs,” says Venter. “The team is well supported across South Africa and is the perfect partner for our brand launch.”

Make Better Decisions. Start your Biznews Premium FREE TRIAL today.