The world is changing fast and to keep up you need local knowledge with global context.
Anglo American Platinum SENS statement:
Anglo American Platinum poised to deliver next phase of value for our stakeholders
Anglo American notes the announcement by Anglo American Platinum Limited released today to the Johannesburg stock exchange. The text of the announcement is copied below:
Natascha Viljoen, Chief Executive Officer of Anglo American Platinum, commented:
“We are grounded in our purpose to re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives. Delivering on our strategy will create value for our stakeholders and help ensure a safer, cleaner and smarter future. Climate change is rapidly accelerating global decarbonisation efforts, which will increase the long-term demand for our metals. We are therefore strongly focused on leveraging our capabilities across our value chain to lead technology deployment and market development for our products. Against this backdrop, our industry leading portfolio provides a strong platform for growth, and we own diverse, low cost and long-life mining and processing assets. Our firm commitments to deliver safe, responsible and reliable production, together with building thriving local communities and maintaining a healthy environment, is central to all we do. We will achieve this through our goal of delivering industry leading returns through value-focused capital allocation.”
Our focus is on four strategic priorities to deliver the next phase of value creation for stakeholders.
- Stimulate new markets and leverage new capabilities through our market development activities to increase and broaden demand while capturing value from adjacent value chain opportunities.
- Embed anti-fragility across our business to increase the resilience of our operations and enable value creation initiatives.
- Maximise value from our core. We have an industry leading asset portfolio and our assets will be in the first half of the cost curve. We own diverse, high quality and long-life mining and processing assets with the optionality to grow high margin, high returning ounces in a disciplined manner.
- Be a leader in ESG through developing trust as a corporate leader, building thriving communities, and maintaining a healthy environment. ESG is core to our strategy and way of working, including in our capital allocation framework.
Delivering on these strategic priorities will increase our attributable production from own mines and joint operations from c.3.0 million ounces today, by 20% to c.3.6 million ounces in 2030, while improving margins and returns from the business.
This will be achieved through operational excellence and our disciplined, balanced capital allocation approach, which is focused on maintaining balance sheet strength, value added growth and an attractive return to shareholders:
- We are committed to the base dividend of 40% pay-out of headline earnings; and
- We will continue a disciplined approach to discretionary capital, looking at the highest returns through portfolio upgrade, breakthrough technology, project growth options, ESG opportunities and additional returns to shareholders.
Cyril Ramaphosa: The Audio Biography
Listen to the story of Cyril Ramaphosa's rise to presidential power, narrated by our very own Alec Hogg.